“Amazeballs” seems to have made its way into the lexicon as of late, and thanks to these little guys I finally know what it means. Just a bit sweet, these are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up or pre-workout snack. Best of all, they’re easy to modify based on your own preferences or what’s in your pantry!
Quinoa Trail Mix Balls (AKA Amaze-balls)
From Eat, Live, Run
- 1 cup old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa uncooked (3/4 cup cooked)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- If you don’t have cooked quinoa on hand, cook according to package.
- Add sunflower seeds, oats, raisins and coconut to quinoa and mix well.
- Bring agave syrup to a simmer on the stove (this won’t take long); then stir in the vanilla extract and pour on top of nuts and seeds. Mix until well combined.
- Let mixture cool slightly before adding the peanut butter and sea salt. Mix well with your hands so the peanut butter is evenly dispersed.
- Using wet hands, gently roll mixture into golf ball-sized balls. Place balls on a plate and chill.
Makes 12 – 125 Calories, 20g Carbohydrates, 4g Fat, 3g Protein, 2g fiber